Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Love/hate thing


"Bono's in love with the world. He wants to embrace it. I want to punch its lights out. We're a psychotic Tweedledum and Tweedledee." - Bob Geldof (Organiser of the Live8 Concerts).

Yes, I totally identify with that. Sometimes you try to help people but they don’t see that you are trying to help. Or you see people doing such stupid things that you want to bash them on the head. Inside my head lives a hugger, a Bono type character who sees good in everyone and next door to him lives a puncher, a Geldof-type. Interestingly these two neighbours of my mind get on with each other pretty well and make a surprisingly good team. The Geldof makes certain that I don't give up too much love. That all the love is genuine and a true sacrifice. The Bono (hugger type) doesn't allow the Geldof mean streak to last, otherwise I'd be no use on earth at all.

If you are totally confused then don't worry, cos the main point of today's post is totally unrelated to the inner workings of love/hate relationships - I am really looking forward to two upcoming gigs. Next week Wednesday the 17th of August at the Tanz CafĂ© Bryanston. I am doing a “solo” thing. Well I am actually sneaking in my drummer and bassist cos I don’t really like the emptiness of the solo thing. Maybe I will grow to like it, but right now solo is not good for my mojo. You can get on the guest list and only pay R 20 at the door (normal R 30). Just email me you name and surname to the address on the flyer.

Then on the Friday nite (the 19th) ELIXA is playing at a Youth event at the Bryanston Methodist Church. The event is called Ignite! And should be a blast: Scratch DJ, guest speaker, two bands. Also entrance is free. Hope to see you there.

ian

No comments: