Tuesday, September 06, 2005

John Mayer and Ian are writing a song


Tuesday 6 September

Yesterday, John Mayer and I started work on a new song. Yes, I said John Mayer. You know the grammy award winning guitarist… “your body is a wonderland”… “daughters”… “comfortable” etc.

John has posted some lyrics on his website that he says he is not using at the moment and instead of them going to waste, he would like someone to offer his/her interpretation of the music and melody. It for a competition that is being run by Esquire Magazine USA. The winner gets a John Mayer Signature Strat!! Competition details are at www.johnmayer.com

So far the song is coming along nicely. I am usually very fussy when it comes to writing my own lyrics. That's what takes up the bulk of my writing process. So it was really kind of John to put some of his up for me to use. I am really inspired by the lyrics and have come up with something with chilled and interesting chords that still have a strong hook and groove. I plan to record it this Friday at Electrogroove Studios. Will let you know how that goes.



No comments: